June 4, 2010

The Prodigal Daughter Returns....Uh..Again

As you can see by the HUGE gap in between my posting dates, I've been a bit lax of late regarding my new found resolve to change.  And by lax, of course I mean sliding back into the exact same self-pitying patterns that got me here in the first place.  What the hell is wrong with me?  Am I simply lazy, still in denial? I hope not but probably. 

My best friend and I have decided to start reading the Bible together next week.....our collective quest to make some kind of sense in our otherwise directionless life...kind of a Beginner's Bible for Dummies....us of course providing the Dummy part.  I plan to blog about our progress and what I (hopefully) take away from our studies.  I've never been a big fan of having scriptures thrown at me like softballs....my first reaction is usually to duck.  I want to figure out how the scriptures fit into the real world.....and just maybe I'll figure the same thing out about my self.

No comments: