April 17, 2010

Countdown

As of today, there are officially 1 week and 6 days until my life is over my notice runs out on my job.  Then like a newborn baby, I'll be pushed out into the cold cruel world hoping someone will give me some milk and a diaper change once in a while.  I think I'm past the point of pure terror as unemployment looms ahead of me. I'm moved on into Denial which is just up the street from What The Hell Was I Thinking Boulevard and around the block from I'm An Idiot Avenue.  As if you couldn't still tell, I still don't know if I did the right thing in quitting my job.  I do know I'm tired of living my life in a box.  Sure, I'm the one who taped it up nice and tight so no light could get in, but now I want to bust out of it....see what I've been missing all this time "trying to do the right thing".  I honestly don't know what the "right thing" is anymore.  I can't imagine it's doing something that makes me so unhappy...makes me forget the few good things I do know about myself.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm having all my mail forwarded to Cry Me A River City.  Come visit if you like.

No comments: