April 14, 2010

Postcard from Cancun

I used to consider my Hope as somewhat of a separate entity from myself.  Almost like a little talisman I could carry around in my pocket and take out whenever I needed to.  Hope to me was the feeling that no matter what, things were going to work out for the best, even when there was no tangible reason to feel that way.  I used to believe that anyway.  I'm not sure what changed.  It's simply not there anymore.  Maybe it ran off to Cancun with my Faith to lounge around the beach and drink Maragaritas with Juan the cabana boy.  I'm not sure how to get it or my Faith to come home.  I'm afraid I'm all out of return tickets.  And hell, if I could spend my time in a tropical paradise, I guess I wouldn't come home either.

I hope you weren't waiting for an uplifting twist to this little tale because I don't have one.  If you do, feel free to chime in anytime...I sure could use a little uplifting.

No comments: